Acrobatic Bull Fight

Although today is Thursday, I am really trying to get caught up with all my pictures and posts, so I am putting Thursday Thoughts on hold this week.  Instead, I can’t resist sharing with you these strange “bull fighters” from Spain.  We actually attended the same event last year.  This is the bull fight where the guys do acrobatic tricks with the bull.

As we approached the arena, we spotted the cars from the street racing the night before.  We didn’t get there, although we saw it the year before.  The weather was looking like it may rain, so we decided to pass.
 DSC08927 DSC08928
But the rain held off, so we were able to attend the bull “fight” the next night.  Yes, these guys taunt the bull, but mostly in an effort to position themselves to pole vault and back flip over a charging bull.
 DSC08932
DSC08935
Another act they do is to catch the bull, “tame” him and then climb up it.  Here are the step by step shots.
DSC08936
DSC08937
DSC08938
DSC08940
TA-DA!  At the end he stands up and the other men bow to him and and bull.
DSC08941
I picked up a fresh roll from the big bread bakery on the island, which was between the parked car and the arena (I swear I did not do that on purpose).
DSC08955
The band was there, which is an awesome part of the experience.
DSC08956
Here you can see the guys approaching the bull to leap over him.
DSC08964
This was one of their final acts.  The caught the bull and “tamed” him.  yes, it involved some pulling on his tail, but they brought him to the ground.
 DSC08967
DSC08968
And you see him “playing” with the bull.
DSC08970
DSC08971
It is really funny event to see.  I took some video too, but I seem to have the hardest time getting it to upload here, so if anyone has tips on blogger for videos, let me know.  It has been trying to upload for almost an hour now.


QUESTIONS:  Have you ever been to a bull fight?  Any suggestions for next week’s Thursday Thoughts?

6 comments:

Kristen (swanky dietitian) said...

I have never seen a bull fight. Those pictures are pretty amazing. Although I don't agree with what they do, it is a cool tradition.

Special K said...

I am considering going to Seville in July, for the bull fights and paella and sun, and a concert...but no bull fights in July! Super sad, as I would think it enhances one senses the temporary fusion of life and death, honor and violence...so outside my foundations growing up.

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I always have a hard time uploading videos. And yes, it ALWAYS takes about an hour (way too long).

How about doing a Thursday Thought on the hCG diet, OR all the new Kim Kardashion (I have no idea how to spell her name) diet pills. I get a lot of questions about their "Safety".

Nicole, RD said...

I've never seen bull fighting, but I love reading about it when you post :) Makes me very jealous I don't live in an exotic location :)

Thoughts...hmm. What about probiotics? The 2 "new" ED's?

sophia said...

Ee! I don't think I can watch a bullfight...I'm too much of a wussy when it comes to blood and gore. I mean, I know no one technically gets hurt, but I'm always afraid something wrong might happen and I'll see someone get gored.

EA-The Spicy RD said...

I've never been to a bull fight before, but, if I were ever to go to one, it would be like the one you went to, which seems like a "friendlier" bull fight. Wish I could give you some ideas for next Thursday's Thoughts, but I just woke up and my coffee still hasn't fully kicked in. Have a great week!

Post a Comment