Yummy Pasta Bake

This might be one of the best dinners I have ever made.  I have been enjoying casserole type items because I like to clean up the kitchen before dinner is ready.  That is why I knew I had to make this dish when i found it in my cookbook that contains recipes to feed 2.

I chopped all the veggies and then took a step back and thought this looks a little like the Italian flag.  I must have Italy on the brain because we are GOING TO ITALY in May.
 DSC08505
I prefer to grate my own cheese, unless of course it is cheeper already shredded.  Honestly, that has only happened like twice.
DSC08506
I cooked up the mushrooms and red peppers to start.  I did this while my pasta was cooking.
DSC08507
After I drained the pasta, I put it back in the pot to mix with broccoli and cottage cheese, plus the small amount of shredded jack cheese.
DSC08509 
Tossed it all together and placed in my dish to bake for about 30 minutes.
 DSC08515
Look at that!
DSC08514
Another night that week Ryan can home and looked at me and said "Pancakes".  I thought "hmmm, pancakes...OK!".  We had bought Bruce's sweet potato pancake mix a while back and decided this was the perfect way to go.  Ok, maybe not right away, but after weighing all options for pancakes and realizing we did not have pancake mix, we discovered we did, it was just sweet potato flavor.
 DSC08516
It smelled wonderful.  Ryan worked the griddle.  I love having an electric griddle.
DSC08517
It also gives extra space to avoid a flipping error.
DSC08518
QUESTIONS: What is your favorite casserole style dish?  What is your favorite kind of pancakes?

EXCITING NEWS: I will be on the radio tomorrow morning to talk about National Nutrition Month and promote the cooking class I am doing the following week.

GIVEAWAY: It is almost time for my giveaway to end, so don't forget to cast your votes: Enter Here

6 comments:

Unknown said...

MMM I love a pasta bake, but one with red sauce :)

Choc Chip Pancakes, OBVI!

sophia said...

Basically any casserole with lots of cheese and NO rice gets a thumbs up from me. :-) And favorite kind of pancakes would have to be cornmeal ones!

Congrats on the radio! Best of luck in it. And Italy too, of course! I wish I could visit sometime too!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

We love casseroles at our house, the only dish where everything is included:) And of course we love pancakes too!

Kristen (swanky dietitian) said...

This pasta bake looks delicious! I honestly don't make casseroles too often. I need to start since yours looks amazing!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Wait.....did you just say you are moving to Italy? Or, is that where you are going for a vacation?? If you are moving there I am speechless.

Favorite casserole: Tuna noodle
Favorite pancakes: whole wheat with chocolate chips!

Your casserole looks so colorful and tasty!
Good luck on the radio tomorrow. I wish we could hear you!

Ameena said...

Italy? How lucky for you!! I'm so excited for you, I haven't been to Italy yet but I'm sure it will be a fantastic place to live...pasta...lots and lots of pasta!

Post a Comment