Recap

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.  We spent the day at the base where they had lots of food and kids games, live entertainment, and of course fireworks once it got dark outside.  I did get some great fireworks pictures, so I will post them soon.

I am now back home and getting caught up with everything.  I have some unpacking still and other work to do, plus I need to get caught up on all of those great blogs I enjoy reading everyday.  In the meantime, here are the links to all of my posts from my vacation.  If you missed some of our adventures, now is the time to see what you missed.  Please feel free to ask any questions about places we went or things we did while traveling.

Heading to Lisbon- This is the start to the family vacation.  From the island we headed first to Lisbon as the Azores are Portuguese owned, therefore this is the only way back over to mainland Europe.  Only 2 airlines fly off the island.

Lisbon in a Day- We only had one day of touring in Lisbon, so we maximized this by hiring a driver.  If you want to see an incredible lunch meal of fish served table side, check this out.

Off to Sevilla- Our first stop in Spain was Sevilla, which is in the southern portion of Spain.

Sevilla by Foot, Boat and Horse Drawn Carriage- To explore Sevilla, we did this with a lot of walking, a nice boat ride down the river, and followed this up with a night time carriage ride to see some more sights.

Food, food and more food- If you like food, then this is the post for you.  By our last day in Sevilla I had already posted pictures of all of the sights, so all I was left with were these pictures of the glorious food Spain has to offer.  Caution--do not read on an empty stomach!

Alhambra or Bust- This post is all about our day in Grenada.  Of course the main thing to see here is the Alhambra, but we also walked around the city and had the best ice cream ever here.

Well, I think those is enough links for now.  As you can see we had a great time and fit a lot into the amount of time we had in each city.  I will post the remaining links in a day or so with Barcelona and Marrakech.  Then I think I will be well rested and ready to get back to my regular posting.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read about our trip.

2 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I'm so jealous of your travels, but so thankful you posted all about them! The pictures were classic and I learned a lot :) Glad you had a great time! Happy belated Fourth of July to you :)

Special K said...

I haven't been to Seville...but i loved Barcelona...and will be going there (or granada? they both look lovely...what would you suggest???)

Post a Comment