Hittin’ the streets of Paris

Ok, I know, life isn’t that bad, and yes, I had made it to Paris despite all of the bumps along the way, but the stress and unknowing of the day certainly can make you really upset.  But yes, everything was better once I saw the Eiffel Tower in the distance and I knew Ryan was just a few short hours away.  Although, I will say, I was obviously still shaken up when I wrote the last post because there were so many typos.  Sorry, I apologize for the mess.

For various reasons with our schedules, we were meeting in Paris, so when I first got there, I had some time to myself, but I really only napped during that time.  I was excited that we could see the Eiffel Tower from the hotel room.  We were staying in the 7th arrondissement, in the Rue Cler.
 DSC05058
When Ryan arrived, he happily showed me the goodies he picked up for me while he was in Germany.  The fudge is so good.
 DSC05059
Then we headed out to the Rue Cler to have a look around.  I loved all the produce markets along the road.
 DSC05060
Ryan had tried those red berries in Germany, and was not sure what they were, so we checked it out and they are red currants.
 DSC05061
 DSC05062
Here was an amazing looking cheese shop.
 DSC05063
 DSC05064
I love the buildings here.
 DSC05065
We stopped in a grocery store to get some bottled water for later, and I thought this was really funny.
 DSC05066
Then I stopped in to a fancy macaron store.  More on the macarons later, I promise.
 DSC05067
By then it was time to grab some dinner, so we picked a place near the hotel.  There are tons of places to eat in Paris, all with nice patio seating, but the one problem is that this area is smoking, and a LOT of people in Paris smoke.
 DSC05068
Oh, the glorious bread!
 DSC05069
I could not resist starting with a cheese plate.  France is one place that I definitely associate with cheese, so I was going to get my fix.
DSC05070
Ryan ordered a Cobb salad.
DSC05071
I had a nice salmon burger.
DSC05073
Of course the burger came with FRENCH fries!
DSC05074
When we got back to the room, Ryan showed me the German wines he picked up and shared with me his trip to some wineries there.
DSC05075
Also on our grocery store trip, we picked up a few snacks for the room.  These cookies looked good…and they were!
DSC05076
That ends our first day in Paris.  Plenty more to come because there is a ton of stuff to do in Paris.

QUESTIONS:  Have you ever been to Paris?  France?  Have you tried German wine?

10 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, yes and yes to all of your questions!

Unknown said...

i would have lived in that cheese shop :)

eatingRD said...

So glad you made it ok :) So jealous of all your travels my dear. I love currants and my grandma used to make current jam that was amazing but I haven't had them in awhile. Enjoy all that lovely food and wine :)

Special K said...

I go to Paris next weekend, and want to hit up the cool sunday market next weekend...I went to Paris three years ago...a MUST is Museum de Orsay and eating Crepes, that old cemetery....I wish I could have coordinated with you. The bread is another planet, especially baked brie bread....

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

So glad you got to enjoy Paris after all the stress... :)

Yes, I have been to Paris, and I spent a summer in Southern France about twenty years ago. Great photos! The cheese shops are amazing... :)

Rachel/Coconut Crumbs said...

no to all your questions, haha. Thanks for your encouragement on my latest DI post. You're right, it is all about communication. Thanks Melinda!

Ameena said...

Paris is one of my favorite places ever! I love the Laduree (best macaroons) on the Champs-Elysees and of course there is Paul which is amazing. Noura is a fabulous and famous Lebanese restaurant and my favorite breakfast was at the Marriott on the Champs-Elysees. Yes, I couldn't believe it either!

I must admit that I am pretty jealous of your trip. Have a fabulous time!!

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

Glad you made it and thinks worked out okay! I love all of the European markets and all the cheese and good bread. That's amazing you could see the eiffel tower from your hotel. And that salmon burger looks great!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I thought the French didn't have a weight problem!? That's too funny, Weight Watchers....it looks so out of place for some reason.

Glad you're having a great time! I have never been to France :( Or really anywhere other than Mexico and the Bahamas!

dining set said...

Paris is one of my favorite place. I love everything in that place. What I really love about that place is their streets. There are too many things that you can enjoy in streets like all photos that you share in this post.

Post a Comment